Kirsi-Marja Salokangas is an experienced specialist in competition law, public procurement, contract law and dispute resolution. Her solution-oriented and straightforward grip on demanding assignments is appreciated by her clients. Kirsi-Marja assists her clients with various issues and negotiations related to contracts. She also has a long experience in various litigations, especially in relation to various commercial contracts and tort litigation.
Kirsi-Marja advices both public and private sector clients with various public procurement issues and various stages of procurement procedures, such as procurement document drafting and contract negotiations. She has special skills in procurement of specialised fields and in the competitive tenderings of demanding service procurement and building contracts. She has successfully represented clients in public procurement appeal processes in market law and the Supreme Administrative Court. She is the author of the first Finnish book focusing on the special sectors procurement act (Erityisalojen hankintalaki, Edita Publishing).
Kirsi-Marja serves as a legal advisor on competition law issues such as cartel investigations, evaluation of cooperation and information exchange between competitors, and state aid matters. She has successfully represented a client in market law in one of the most extensive cartel trials in Finland.
Merkurius Attorneys´ Antitrust and Public Procurement practice, led by Kirsi-Marja, is listed in the Legal500 study (2020).
Kirsi-Marja is also an experienced and well-liked trainer.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Turku, 2005
- Trained at the Bench, 2006
- Attorney-at-Law, 2009
- Merkurius Attorneys Ltd, Partner 2018 –
- Merkurius Attorneys Ltd, Counsel 2018
- Merilampi Attorneys Ltd, Specialist Counsel 2017, Senior Associate 2014 – 2016
- Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, Senior Associate 2006 – 2014
- Äänekoski District Court, Trainee at the Bench 2005 – 2006
- Competition law and Public Procurement
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Corporate law
- Contract law
- AdvisingAito Solutions Plc in corporate and contractual matters
- Advising Centria University of Applied Sciences Ltd in a public procurement procedure
- Advising Certia Oy in assignments regarding public procurement
- Representing Turva Mutual Insurance Company in trials regarding liability for damages
- Representing Kuntien Hankintapalvelut KuHa Oy in a public procurement proceeding in the Supreme Administrative Court
- Advising Lojer Oy in assignments regarding public procurement
- Representing Länsilinjat Oy in Finnish Market Court and Supreme Administrative Court in competition proceeding
- Advising Länsilinjat Oy in assignments regarding public procurement
- Advising Pirkanmaan Senioripalvelut Oy for example in questions relating to public procurement, employment and corporate law
- Advising Seinäjoen KTK Oy and Kauhajoen KTK Oy in matters regarding corporate, contract and competition law, and representing the companies in dispute and administrative proceedings
- Advising Business Tampere Oy and Visit Tampere Oy in assignments regarding public procurement
- Advising Tampereen Sähkölaitos Oy in various assignments regarding public procurement
- Advising Tampereen Vanhuspalveluyhdistys for example in assignments regarding public procurement, corporate and employment law
- Representing Valmet Technologies Ltd in a matter related to interpretation of a licence agreement
- Lectures and holds seminars regularly on public procurement legislation. For example, she has lectured in seminars organised by Tampere Chamber of Commerce, Ostrobothnia Chamber of Commerce and Kuntien Hankintapalvelut KuHa Oy
- Representing several companies in the FCC’s cartel investigations