Merkurius Legal Academy
Merkurius organises on a regular basis seminars on business law for its clients. Our services include also arranging tailored seminars for clients.
The Morning Coffee Breaks of Merkurius Legal Academy in 2019, address Keskustori 5, Tampere.
The events start at 8.00 am with morning coffee. The seminars begin at 8.30 am and finish at 9.45 am. Participation is free of charge. The seminars will be held in Finnish. Welcome!
4.12.2019 |Competitive procurement obligation in public procurements
- Obligation to call for tenders in procurement law and in procurement law of special fields
- Direct procurements, are they ever possible?
- Publicly owned limited liability companies’ legal position in procurements
- Procurements from an in-house entity
RSVPs by 27.11.2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
5.2.2020 |Due diligence in acquisition
- Reviewing the standard buyer information request list
- The extent of information provided and questions answered
- Practical advice on due diligence
RSVPs by 29.1.2020 to email@example.com
23.10.2019 |Arbitration – what happens in closed arbitration?
- Why is arbitration preferred in business life?
- When is ordinary court a potential option?
- Things to consider if getting involved in arbitration
- Steps of the process
- Observations about international contracts and recommendable arbitration clauses
RSVPs by 16.10.2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
11.9.2019 |Contract negotiations in international trade
- Common terms, what do they mean and how can they be modified: IPR and product liability indemnity, liability, compliance, termination etc.
- Applicable laws and settlement of disputes
- Practical advice for contract negotiations and modifying contracts
8.5.2019 |Current issues in IT Agreements
- Trends in IT Agreements
- Integrating agility and predictability
- Responsibilities and limitations of liability, what’s new?
- One year of GDPR, what’s new?
10.4.2019 |Current issues in public procurements
- The new public procurement legislation has been in effect for over two years – how has the application procedure changed?
- Most recent cases
- Public procurements and the GDPR
6.3.2019 |How to be prepared for client’s possible financial difficulties and avoid problems concerning insolvency proceedings?
- Creditor’s legal remedies
- Preparing for risks in advance
- Procedural risks
- Actions when there is a threat of client’s bankruptcy or company reorganization
30.1.2019 | Observations about dispute resolution on business transactions
- Conflict analysis – interpreting the field and the situation
- Negotiations between the parties – reconciliation possibilities and tactics
- The process in practice and collaboration between the organization and the attorney
- Case Management
- Ordinary court or arbitration –what affects the handling and the analysis of the issue?
28.11.2018 | What should companies know about environmental law?
- What is included in the environmental law, and how it affects companies?
- When environmental law has to be considered?
- What kind of obligations the environmental law imposes, and who it applies to?
- Managing and minimizing the juridical risks and liabilities of the environmental law
5.9.2018 | GDPR and Data Protection Agreements in practice
- Using subcontractors as processors and mandatory legislation
- DPA terms and conditions in practice and typical amendments
- Liability of controller and processor and how to mitigate it
16.5.2018 | What everyone should know about competition law?
- Prohibited and permitted contract terms
- How to avoid the risk of cartel
- How to manage competition law related risks in practice
7.3.2018 | GDPR – The last tips before the regulation starts to apply
- Update on authorities’ guidelines and the Finnish national legislation
- If you cannot be an A student, what could still be done
- Practical solutions and risk control
31.1.2018 | The difficult borderline of direct and indirect losses
- The significance of the separation of direct and indirect losses
- The recent case law of the Finnish Supreme Court, including KKO 2017:74
- Practical tips regarding limitation of liability clauses and negotiation tactics
- Special issues to consider regarding international agreements