Tomi Kauppinen has extensive experience on commercial and corporate law related matters. He currently acts for both private and public sector clients.
Tomi advises our clients in questions relating to contractual issues, especially in the fields of commercial, technology, employment, construction and real estate law.
Furthermore, Tomi has been involved in numerous mergers and acquisitions projects as well as in complex insolvency proceedings. He regularly acts as a trustee and an administrator of restructuring proceedings and bankruptcy estates.
Tomi also represents our clients in dispute resolution. The proceedings have regarded issues such as commercial agreements, post M&A, real estate disputes, recovery claims and liability actions directed against managerial personnel.
Tomi's approach to complicated matters is to give a pragmatic overall picture of the client's issue and then hands-on solutions to relevant problems.
Tomi also regularly lectures on topics relating to the aforementioned fields of law.
Prior to joining Merkurius Attorneys Ltd, Tomi worked for another major Finnish law firm.
- Master of laws, University of Turku, 2004
- Trained on the bench, 2005
- Bar Admission, 2008
- Merkurius Attorneys Ltd, Partner 2018–
- Borenius Attorneys Ltd, Counsel 2013 – 2018
- Merilampi Attorneys Ltd, Senior Associate 2008 – 2013
- Klingendahl Attorneys Ltd, Associate 2005 – 2008
- District Court of Tampere, Judge Trainee 2004 – 2005
- Patria Group, Associate Legal Counsel 2004
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate law
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Dispute resolution & Litigation
- International trade and Contract law
- Employment and Labour law
- Construction and Real estate law